Tex-Mex Slaw with Rotisserie ChickenPrint Recipe
- ¼ cup rice wine vinegar
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp. honey
- Zest + juice of 2 limes
- 2 tsp. kosher salt
- ½ tsp. ground coriander
- ½ tsp. ground cumin
- 6 cups red cabbage, thinly shredded in food processor or mandolin
- 1 orange pepper, sliced in thin strips
- 1 red or yellow pepper, sliced thin in strips
- ½ cup chopped cilantro
- 1 jalapeno, sliced (with seeds), optional
- 2 cups shredded rotisserie or pre-cooked chicken
Whisk first 7 ingredients together and set aside.
Toss remaining ingredients (except shredded chicken) together in large bowl. Pour dressing over slaw, mix well, and store in fridge.
Right before serving, add chicken to individual portions. (this keeps the chicken from getting soggy.)
Make this dish without chicken - it makes a delicious side or healthy taco topping! Also, this is a great "low-macro" day option because it is low in fat, and is made mostly from low-calorie/high-fiber, nutrient-dense vegetables.