Asian Beef KababsPrint Recipe
- 1 lb. sirloin steak, cut into 2" cubes
- One sweet onion, cubed into 2" pieces
- 2/3 cup coconut aminos (soy sauce is a great substitute if you're not eating Paleo)
- 1/4 cup oil (olive, not extra virgin, or avocado recommended)
- 1 tbsp honey
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp ginger, grated on microplane or finely minced
- Small wooden skewers
- 1 gallon-sized zip-top bag
- Cilantro, chopped (optional)
- Green onions, chopped (optional)
Mix coconut aminos, oil, honey, garlic, rice wine vinegar, and ginger directly in zip-top bag and set aside.
Alternate steak + onions on skewers; I place about 5 pieces of steak on skewers with onions in-between. Once all meat is skewered, place in zip-top bag and massage in marinade. Marinate for 1 hour or up to 3 days in fridge.
Grill kebabs on outside grill on medium-high heat, or use indoor grill pan. If grilling indoors, lightly coat grill pan with oil and wait for pan to get super hot before placing kebabs. Sear kebabs on each side, turning after 3 minutes. Cook to your desired temperature.
Garnish with cilantro + green onions