- Salad Ingredients:
- 1 bag pre-washed baby spinach
- 1 sweet + crisp apple (like a Honeycrisp), cut into 1" cubes (skin on)
- 1/4 lb. whole pecans
- Dressing Ingredients:
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp fresh black pepper
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/8 tsp cayenne powder (optional)
In large sauce pan, toast pecans on medium heat for about 3-5 minutes. You want to toast them just enough to bring out nutty flavor.
Arrange spinach, apples, and toasted pecans in salad bowl.
Combine ACV, olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and cayenne in sealed jar (Mason jar or equivalent.) Shake vigorously until well combined. Top spinach salad with dressing, just enough to lightly coat leaves.
Add blue cheese or dried cranberries for an added punch of flavor!