This recipe has become one of my favorites in the Fall. It is complex in it’s flavors, yet simple to make. Hearty + healthy, comforting + bright, this salad is satisfying, yet it doesn’t leave you feeling too heavy, despite #baconfat. 😉 The Apple Cider Vinaigrette helps lift the hearty bacon + roasted vegetables.
Bacon + Roasted Veggie SaladPrint Recipe
- 4 parsnips, peeled + diced into 1/2" pieces
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled + diced into 1/2" pieces
- 1 large onion, peeled and diced into 1/2" pieces
- 1-1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper (optional)
- Cooking spray
- 8-10 slices center-cut (lean) bacon
- Zesty Apple Cider Vinaigrette
- 6 cups salad greens (I used a combo of baby spinach + romaine)
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
In a large bowl, toss parsnips, sweet potatoes, onions, salt + pepper lightly with oil. Arrange vegetables on large sheet pan. Place thick slices of bacon on top of vegetable. (See image below.)
Bake bacon + veggies in oven for 30 minutes.
Flip bacon, roast for another 10 minutes.
Remove bacon, set aside + drain; toss vegetables on sheet pan. Return veggies to oven and cook for another 20 minutes until vegetables are slightly soft, but slightly crispy + brown.
Cut bacon into 1/2" pieces and toss back in with roasted veggies.
Let vegetables cool slightly before tossing atop greens. Dress with Zesty Apple Cider Vinaigrette. For an added flavor punch, top with crumbled blue cheese and toasted walnuts. Enjoy!