Chicken Lettuce WrapsPrint Recipe
- 1 lb. ground chicken breast
- 1 tbsp. canola oil
- 1/2 large onion
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp grated ginger (see microplane we recommend in Notes)
- 1/2 cup water chestnuts, minced
- 3 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp chili paste
- 1/4 cup soy sauce (or coconut aminos if gluten free)
- 3 scallions chopped
- 15-20 butter lettuce leaves
In wok or large frying pan, heat oil on medium-high heat. Add chicken, onions, garlic and ginger. Cook for about 5 minutes, stirring often.
In small bowl, whisk rice wine vinegar, honey, chili paste + soy sauce (or coconut aminos). Pour into wok, mix well. Add water chestnuts. Cook for another 3-4 minutes until chicken is cooked thoroughly.
Top with thinly sliced scallions + serve with butter lettuce.